Thursday, February 17, 2011

My twist on Chicken Cacciatore

There are many versions of this amazing dish so here is my take on it.

Ingredients:

1-2 breasts of chicken
small onion of choice (I used red b/c its what I had on hand) diced
gf pasta of choice
2 cans diced tomatoes or 1 large
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 bell pepper (I used orange because again its what I had in the house)
white button mushrooms (baby bella are also delicious too!)
salt and pepper and crushed red pepper to taste (you can also add some Italian seasoning too!)
splash of favorite wine or in my case I used balsamic vinegar (you can add both too if you're feeling frisky)

While preparing ingredients get your water ready for your pasta. I was always told a watched pot never boils! :) Once the water is going in a large skillet cut up breasts of chicken and saute in olive oil until cooked through. Once just about done take out of pan and let sit.  In the same skillet  saute onion until just tender then add bell pepper then mushrooms until slightly tender. Once the veggies get to this stage add tomatoes and the chicken back in and add the splash of wine/balsamic and let simmer until pasta is cooked according to package directions. Once the pasta is done, drain and add to the skillet of chicken and veggies and toss. I always top with whatever Italian cheese I have on hand which this time was mozzarella and ENJOY! :) Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment