Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Pamela's products)

First time I made Pamela's recipe for chocolate chip cookies and they are SO good!! I think I will make more this week since the recipe says it makes about 20 cookies and my batch came out to about 13 or 14. They are SO simple!!


Ingredients: 
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup white sugar 
1/4 cup brown sugar 
1 egg  (I always bake with eggs at room temperature unless recipe says otherwise)
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1-1/2 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
1 cups semi sweet chocolate chips  (I used allergy free mini chocolate chips)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) - I didn't put any in this batch since I didn't have any on hand.



Preheat oven to 350°. In mixing bowl add butter, sugar, egg and vanilla, then beat together. Add Pamela's Baking mix chocolate chips (and nuts) mix thoroughly. Place tablespoon sized scoops of dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper, I was out so I used foil and greased it with canola oil). Flatten. I found using the baggy that I greased the cookie sheet with worked great at flattening the cookies without them sticking to either my hand or the back of the spoon. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cookies cool slightly and use a spatula to remove from cookie sheet. enjoy warmed or even with some ice cream YUM!  You may also want to try other types of chips such as white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch etc....



No comments:

Post a Comment